Hi guys! So, today was my Junior Symphony dress rehearsal for our concert tomorrow (!) and we practiced for a total of 2.5 hours+ today, so music has been on my mind for most of the day. We played a medley of Frozen and oh my gosh I’m so excited for it tomorrow it’s fabulous. Anyway, I was thinking about things when I wasn’t playing in rehearsal, specifically a blog post for today, and I came up with a monthly music playlist.
Does that sound fun to you? I liked it, so I compiled a few songs that I’ve been listening to. There’s your playlist for the next few weeks. I decided maybe 4 – 6 songs every few weeks would be good, but if you have requests or recommendations, let me know because I’d love to hear them.
Music for the remainder of November consists of songs I like right now/that I’ve been hearing everywhere/I think are cool for Fall. So here you go:
- I Know Places / Taylor Swift – This is my favorite song from 1989, and it’s my favorite song right now.
- Yellow Flicker Beat / Lorde – This is the song in the credits for Mockingjay, and it’s super cool. I was sold when I heard it. I don’t usually listen to Lorde / music like this but it stuck with me.
- Blank Space / Taylor Swift – Ok, who’s seen the video a million & one times besides me? This really is such a great song!
- Human / Mia Pfirrman – I found out a few weeks ago that Taylor was mentoring on The Voice, so naturally I recorded that night’s show. (Swifties forever) I really liked Mia’s performance of Human, almost more than the actual song.
- Sweater Weather / The Neighbourhood – I heard this song on the radio recently, and I liked it a lot. The title also really resonates with the season!
- Dreaming / Smallpools – I heard this song all over the place this summer. In stores, on the radio, etc. so I looked it up, discovered it, and that was that.
Any requests for next month? Let me know in the comments.
P.S. Wish me luck at the concert tomorrow!