Hey guys! Welcome back to In Summer 2016! For this week’s post, I decided to share my favorite summer beauty products with you. I use most of these products and absolutely love them, whereas some of them I like but have yet to try. I made a collage of pictures of the products and numbered them so that you can read the corresponding numbered description of why I like the product.Now that you know how this post works, let’s get started!
- Benefit Cosmetics Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow liquid foundation – I wear this foundation in the Honey shade (the actual title is “i’m so money” if anyone wants to know). This foundation is a really great color match to my complexion. It gives good coverage and covers up redness, and it’s also really light on my face but it doesn’t sweat off when the temperatures get hot.
- Mary Kay Perfecting Concealer – I actually use the highlighting concealer pen but it’s been discontinued 😦 I think that I will switch to this concealer when my pen runs out. I wear shade 2 for the highlighting pen, which I think is light beige for the regular concealer. It applies easily and matches my complexion nicely. It does a nice job of covering up red spots without having to apply too much product. The highlighting pen is great because I put it under my eyes to brighten that area, but it also works well for targeting red spots.
- Maybelline Master Contour Palette – I am the first to admit that I am not practiced with contouring, but I think this palette is nice because it includes a bronzer, blush, and highlight. I recently started using blush again, and I absolutely love the color of this blush! The highlight is also a really nice color, and highlighting isn’t too difficult so I think I could handle this 😉 I would love to try this product and see how it works!
- Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color – The color of this blush is “Strawberry Cream,” and I use it all the time. I love the pinky-peach color because it just feels summery to me, and I think it does a nice job of bringing color to the face but is not too noticeable.
- Maybelline Brow Drama Pro Palette – I use this palette in the shade “Soft Brown.” It is my favorite eyebrow product that I’ve tried because it comes with a wax (to hold powder in place and shape your brows), a powder (to fill in your brows), and a highlight (to apply on your brow bone to catch the light). The palette also comes with a two-sided brush and eyebrow comb, so it’s really nice because all of the products and tools you need are all together, plus it just fills in my eyebrows nicely and is a good shade for me.
- Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color – This shade is called “Honey Spice,” and it is my staple eye shadow. I use it every day as a base color before applying any other colors. I love it so much because the shade is so versatile and really goes with any colors.
- Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color – This shade is called “Rosegold” and is one of my other favorites. If I am just using it with “Honey Spice,” I use it on the outer half of my eyelid. If I use it with other colors, such as Mythology (#8), then I will use it in the crease between my eyelid and eyebrow bone to add dimension to that part of my face. Again, this color goes with so many other shades and can be used to make so many different eye shadow looks.
- MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow – This is the shade “Mythology.” My mom got it for me, and it is one of my favorite eye shadows to use because I love the color and I also love the shimmer in it. When I use this color with “Honey Spice” and “Rosegold,” I apply “Honey Spice” as a base color, then “Rosegold” on the outer half of my eyelid or in the crease of my eye, then I dust “Mythology” on the inner half of my eyelid or just all over my eyelid. I love this shimmery, summer look.
- Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara – I use this in the shade “Very Black.” This is the first mascara that I ever used, and it’s still my favorite. Plus, it’s waterproof, which is perfect for summer if you happen to be wearing mascara and make an impromptu beach or pool trip (not that I wear makeup for either occasion, but if I did, I’d use this waterproof mascara).
- Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Color – This is in the shade “Rebel Red.” I would love to try any of these lip colors because I have seen people wearing them, and the colors are very pigmented, but they also stay on nicely. This color is a bright pop of color for summer.
- Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Color – This is in the shade “Nude Flush.” I love pink lip colors, and I like this pink shade because it’s not too bright, but also not too muted. It’s the perfect pink because it’s natural-colored but still noticeable.
- MAC Cosmetics Lipstick – This is in the shade “Fanfare.” I use a similarly-colored MAC lipstick in the shade “Brave,” which is a muted pink, and it’s my favorite lipstick. This lipstick is brighter than mine and also brighter than “Nude Flush,” so it’s a little more noticeable and is a good pop of color for summer. As you can see, I have an affinity for lip colors 😉
I hope that you liked this post! I’ve been wanting to make a post like this for awhile, and I finally decided to try it for an In Summer post! Did you like reading this kind of post? Should I do more posts like this for other seasons? Let me know in the comments section, and also let me know about some of your favorite summer cosmetics. Thanks for tuning in to In Summer #3, and I’ll see you again next Wednesday for another post!
Disclaimer: I just wanted to let you guys know that I do not wear a full face of makeup or would use all of these products everyday, just when I have to dress up or go to an event (ex: graduation party). Usually if I’m just going somewhere with my parents such as to lunch or the store, I wear some concealer, eye shadow, and mascara.
Also: this post is not sponsored by any of the brands mentioned. I only mentioned these products because I use them myself or would like to try them.